ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Well, all is not well with Vera's shoulder. We saw my surgeon on Thursday and he had a look at the x-rays from the ER. It is much worse than we thought and Vera will have to have surgery as soon as they can set the date and get the cumadin out of her system. The head of the humorous has been split by the glenoid bone like a piece of kindling, but not all the way through. The glenoid is sitting like a hatchet stuck in a piece of wood. Apparently, the shoulder dislocated and then was trying to relocate as the impact happened. All in all, it is really bad. The doctor gave her more powerful pain meds until the surgery and she is sleeping more, but not having the pain she had before. We are hoping all turns out well.

Monday the kids leave, I am supposed to quit smoking and I am taking my bike to the Kawa dealer to see if we can't track down the reason I can't start my bike with the clutch pulled in. I bought a new pair of boots today, leather hiking boots- but so different from my rocky mountain boots to almost have no relationship whatsoever. I took them for a ride, and they are light and comfortable. I waxed them to insure their waterproof qualities and I am looking forward to riding distances in them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home