ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

more on patience and best friends

I am still waiting for the test date for my MC endorsement. Now that I have decided to go ahead and try to get the full endorsement, it has become really annoying that the DMV is so SLOW in handing out dates. Arrrgh!

My best friend is home and doing well, considering her horrific fall last Thursday night. She is going to see my orthopaedic surgeon tomorrow just to make sure everything is going well healing-wise. Her bruises are still really dark, almost black (most likely due to the coumadin she takes, but she is up and about more and the pain is being managed with the meds.

The kids are still here from Germany and they seem to be having a pretty good time despite Vera's fall and subsequent bed rest. David and I are trading off taking them where they want to go so they have hit the hotspots - specifically, the mall.

I had to send the last pair of pants I ordered back and am awaiting the new model of Tex Mesh Pants, not available until Sept. 1. My jacket zipper slide broke and I took it in to have it repaired. It will cost me about the same amount it would have to send the jacket back for a replacement, so I would rather have the one I have repaired, rather than wait for god knows how long for the Motorcycle Superstore to replace it.

I ordered saddlebags for my bike last week and expect them sometime late this week or early next. I got a pair for 80 bucks plus postage, and no need for the very expensive hardware other bags require. I also ordered Ride Like a Pro IV, the DVD. Everyone says it is the best tool for learning. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home