ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Accident Update

I drove past the accident site twice yesterday. It is really clear by the skid marks that the dump truck did everything it could to avoid the car driven by the elderly man.

On the way home I was stopped at a light and up pulls this big truck next to me. He rolled down his window and said, "Hey, were you at the accident the other day?" I looked at him and didn't recognize him, so I asked back, "Were you there?" He was. He was the commander of the fire fighting team that responded to the scene. I asked about the elderly man and whether his condition had improved. It has somewhat. He is now in serious condition, rather than critical. But, I don't know that he will be able to survive even that. Anyway, the commander thanked me for my help that day, the light changed and we went our separate ways.

It is weird to think that people are thanking me for being there. I was one of many people who helped that day. I just got the woman out of the car... others did the CPR. And I stayed in the man's line of sight so he couldn't see them working on his wife. I really did what I hope someone else would do for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home