ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Learnin' the trade

The bags look great! I have been hanging out with the guys at Moto Milano, the Ducati Dealership in Windham, ME. They have been great with working on my bike. They did the first two oil changes, and lubed my rear splines. I was having trouble with other shops not letting me watch them work on my bike. The guys at Milano not only let me watch, they teach me how to do stuff myself. Today for instance, they were around when I needed help lubing the clutch cable, but talked me through the lubrication of the throttle cables from across the room. And when I put on the saddlebag supports, the owner showed me how to remove the helmet locks which were stuck on with a product to keep them from EVER coming off. He loosened up both of them and then cut the screw off the first one with a hacksaw blade. I did the second one exactly the same way! I installed the bags on my own and then (with just a little talking through) I changed my coolant. They let me use their tools and I only had to pay for the supplies I used. I really love working on my bike, but they even let me help them with the ones they are working on. There is not much cooler than working on a 30K dollar bike!

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home