ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14, 2006

Well, several people have now shown up and commented. How great is it to hear from old pals!

To all of them, hello. I am still recovering from my knee surgery. All is going well, though I would be happier if I could see the doc sooner and get started on physical therapy. Of course I also had shoulder surgery on March 1 of this year and when my knee is up and running, so to speak, I will have the other knee worked on-- cleaning out the bad cartilidge tears and trying to clean out underneath the knee cap. We'll also find out if the arthritis is as bad in the left knee as it is in the right. After that knee, then I will have the other shoulder cleaned up and repaired. All in all, it seems overwhelming to look at it coming at me, but I try to just keep going with the rehab on the joint just worked on, and not focus on what's coming up later.

This is my second surgery on my right knee. The March 1st operation on my right shoulder was the second Bankhart repair on that one, and I have already had 1 surgery on my left shoulder about 10 years ago. Both wrists have had work done as well. So the only joint that hasn't been invaded by surgery is the left knee. More on my physical trials and tribulations later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home