ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Monday, July 10, 2006

July 10, 2006

Just got back from having surgery on my knee. Wow. How cool was it that I stayed awake and the Doctor talked me through everything he was doing. I had an arthroscopy on a previously surgically repaired ACL and you wouldn't believe the amount of scar tissue he had to remove. He also cleaned out all the damaged cartilage, of which there was plenty and then, poof, 20 minutes later I was done, though it took about another hour for the spinal block to wear off. Now I am home, with ice on my right knee and resting my laptop on my other. I have already been walking on the leg (no crutches) and so far don't have any pain. The only real bummer is that diagnostically it looks like I will need a new knee in 10 years or so, because of the arthritis that is already significant. But between now and then we should be able to control the arthritic pain with injections.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ho!

how r u? mars and me r pretty fine! we hope that ur knee will be fine until we ll come to see u!



only 3 1/2 weeks!!



see u then mars & munchkin

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home