ruminations

This is a chance to get all those things that keep me awake at night out of my head and well, somewhere else. Stephen King did it and look at how well he did!

Thursday, July 13, 2006

July 13, 2006

Well, I got an email from a friend telling me she was 5 years sober today, so happy sober b-day 13!

I am still recovering nicely from surgery, though I thought I would have a bit more range of motion by now, but I am not complaining. I can walk up and down the stairs almost normally now and the pain is pretty much down to an occasional dull ache.

The weather here is not helping either. It is about 80+ degrees and terrible humidity. Oh, I long for the dry days in Colorado. I don't think it was even humid while it was raining. Man I miss that! I also miss the sun, over 300 sunny days a year and rarely a hazy day. Sure when I first moved there I had nosebleed after nosebleed, but I acclimated eventually and I really miss it. Even in the 80's the temperature felt gentle and nice. But I hear the neighborhood has really deteriorated, all those people from Texas and California and Oklahoma, moved right in and changed the whole feel of the place. I understand it has become quite conservative, maybe it was when I was there and I just didn't notice, but I can't imagine going back to a place where I wouldn't be welcome.

More on me and my past later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home